AAA and Rampage host chilling karaoke night

May Lindeman
Andy Dolci, Emily Corrao, Emily Zeigerson and Gilad Gerber performing “The Schuyler Sisters.”

The Asian American Association and Rampage Show Choir hosted their annual Halloween Karaoke event Oct. 26. 

Students attending were encouraged to dress up and participate in the costume contest 

Ian McKissick and Emily Corrao kicked off the event with their beautiful rendition of “What I’ve Been Looking For” from “High School Musical.” 

McKissick was dressed as the Ice King from “Adventure Time” and Corrao was dressed as Remy from “Ratatouille.” 

The show-stopping number of the night was “Say No to This” from “Hamilton” performed by Gilad Gerber, Andy Dolci, Ian McKissick and an individual who wished to remain unnamed. 

Gerber impressed the crowd with his scarily accurate impression of playwright Lin Manuel Miranda, which left the audience speechless. 

When asked why they chose to perform the song, Gerber stated, “There’s a lot of climate change…” Dolci finished his statement, saying, “…Since it’s almost winter, we’d like to keep it hot.” 

Gerber and Dolci were dressed as Marty McFly and Doc Brown from “Back To The Future.” They decided to prolong their trend of dressing up as iconic duos as last year they went as Walter White and Jesse Pinkman from the hit show “Breaking Bad.” 

Later, Gerber continued to amaze the crowd with his performance of “The Devil Went Down to Georgia.” 

Rampage held costume contests for students, welcoming creative costumes across campus to compete.

The winners of the duo costume, Emily Zeigerson and Emily Corrao, were dressed up as Alfredo Linguini and Remy from the Disney classic “Ratatouille.” The iconic duo sang “Sincerely Me” from the musical “Dear Evan Hansen” in their musical performance.

Corrao was surprised that they won, while Zeigerson replied, “I’m not, I knew we were going to win.” 

When asked why they chose their costumes, Corrao said the choice was based on their personalities.

“We just thought that Remy and Linguini would fit our vibes,” said Corrao.

For Zeigerson, Linguini’s signature look was part of what made the costume enticing.

“I always go for a ginger character… I wanted to do a duo costume with Emily so what better duo than Remy and Linguini,” said Zeigerson.

The winner of best costume was Tilis. Tilis was dressed as Captain Red from “The Pirates of The Caribbean” ride at Disney World. Earlier in the night Tilis performed a beautiful rendition of “Think of Me” from “The Phantom of the Opera.” 

The contest winners won a Halloween basket filled with Rampage and AAA-themed goodies. The gifts included AAA and Rampage pins, Halloween-themed pins and stickers, AAA and Rampage tote bags and pens, a Halloween Squishmallow keychain, Pokemon cards and face masks. 

The rest of the night saw stellar performances, such as a group of students performing One Direction’s “That’s What Makes You Beautiful,” Teal Silas’s rendition of “Night Shift” by Lucy Dacus and Lucas Benedict’s performance of “Before He Cheats” by Carrie Underwood. 

Silas was dressed up as Dacus from the band Boygenius. 

“It was an easy costume, but I also absolutely adore Lucy Dacus,” said Silas.

Benedict was dressed up as Spider-Man. He stated that the event was a “banger.” Later in the night, he performed an amazing rendition of “Snow Angel” by Reneé Rapp. 

Attendee Kaylyn Gillespie dressed up as Daphne from “Scooby-Doo” when she joined the Hex Girls. Gillespie used the event to debut her costume, which she said has been a dream of hers for a while.

“I’ve actually had this costume in mind for years, I just haven’t had the funds to do it until now,” said Gillespie. 

Cade Arnold amazed the crowd with their performance of “Freeze Your Brain” from the musical “Heathers.” Arnold was dressed up as Frank-N-Furter from “The Rocky Horror Picture Show.” 

The annual event allowed students to express their spookiest selves, and attendees said the event has continued to shine on Suffolk’s campus.

“Rampage is always fun. Last year was fun and this year was fun again,” said Zeigerson.

From performances to elaborate costumes, Halloween karaoke provided a creative outlet for all participants.

“It’s like a big party with all your friends. It’s always nice to get on stage and have a little fun with your friends,” said Corrao.

Students are encouraged to look out for and attend upcoming AAA and Rampage events following the Halloween season.