PAO’s annual costume sale returns next week

Kristen Baker
Two girls shop at a past thrift sale for the Performing Arts Office. The annual sale returns for the first time since the pandemic on Oct. 19 and 20.

Suffolk University’s Performing Arts Office (PAO) will host its annual costume and thrift shop sale event on Oct. 19 and 20 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on the third floor of the Sawyer building. 

There will be a variety of clothing pieces to choose from all under $5. Students have the opportunity to shop for Halloween costumes, professional attire or just everyday clothing. 

“We know that people are putting together their Halloween costumes and we want to help with that in an affordable way,” said Kristen Baker, PAO’s director. 

Each year, the office clears out its costume stock and makes the extra pieces available to the Suffolk community. 

“We know that people are going to job interviews and off to their internships and so having an opportunity to find some professional clothing at a reasonable price seemed like a win-win,” Baker said. 

The money raised from the sale will go to the Suffolk CARES Pantry. 

According to the Suffolk website, “The Suffolk CARES Pantry aims to provide food and necessary products to Suffolk University students in need at no cost. Items available to students in the pantry include food items, personal hygiene products, cleaning, and household supplies, and school supplies.” 

“It is a chance to do good for our department, good for our students who need costumes and clothes and good for our students who need the support of the CARES Pantry,” Baker said. 

Students may use cash or their RAM card to make purchases at the sale. 

This sale was unable to be held for the last two years due to the pandemic, so there is a sense of excitement around this tradition again.

“We’re pretty excited to get in there and do some cleaning and organizing and to pull out some of the cool stuff that people can add to their wardrobes,” Baker said.