Suffolk strikes a deal with MGH

Students get additional access to health care

The following letter was sent out to all students in a campus-wide email:

We are pleased to announce that the University has entered into an important agreement with Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), which benefits all of our students and will provide additional access to care for students when the University’s Health & Wellness Services Office is closed during weekday evenings and on weekends.  In addition, our students will benefit from on-site access to an MGH physician at designated times during the normal operating hours of the University Health & Wellness Services.

MGH is recognized as one of the foremost medical institutions in the world and ranks among top hospitals for its high standard of patient care.  The program with MGH adds MGH physicians to the University’s Health & Wellness Services Office and integrates the hospital’s network of advanced health care to the services presently offered by our excellent Health & Wellness Program.

Beginning this week, Suffolk students will have access to the MGH Medical Walk-In Unit from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on weekday evenings and from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekends for urgent care when University Health & Wellness Services is closed. The Walk-In Unit is conveniently located on the MGH Main Campus, which is just off of Cambridge Street near the Suffolk University campus.  In addition, an MGH physician will be available on campus during designated weekday hours to assist the University’s Health & Wellness Services Office with patient care.

We will be providing you with detailed information about the program with MGH in the near future on the Health & Wellness Services Web site.

Achieving our agreement with MGH to provide for expanded medical services to our student community is a further indication of the dramatic growth of the University. We are pleased to be undertaking this association with MGH and look forward to a long and constructive partnership for the benefit of all students in the University.

David J. Sargent,
President

Barry Brown,
Provost