Let’s Groove, Boston

Courtesy of GrooveBoston’s Facebook

By Andrew Navaroli

Thanks to Suffolk’s Program Council, GrooveBoston is returning for a second year with a twist. The event will be held at the Royale on Thursday, Oct. 29 from 7-10pm. This year’s dance, “Halloween Bash,” will be an event to remember with GrooveBoston’s brand new ETHOS themed tour.

“ETHOS is the spirit that connects, inspires, and defines our generation, and the 2015-16 ETHOS Tour is about celebrating that spirit by creating a concert experience unlike anything you’ve seen before – one that’s uniquely authentic, engaging, and powerful,” according to the company’s website.

GrooveBoston launched in 2004, and travels to college campuses around the country each year with world-class DJs and an insane production.

Head of PC’s traditions committee, junior Joe Nordlie said the event aims to be a clubbing event like no other, with students decked out in costumes for some holiday fun.

“GrooveBoston is a group that’s main goal is to make people happy. That’s even their motto. They founded their company to do just that, and they do that through music and dancing,” Nordlie said.

Nordlie expressed his excitement to bring this event back to Suffolk.

“We had over 400 people attend the event and many people told us they’d love to do an event like this again sometime. We faced a lot of obstacles with tickets sales due to the snowpocalypse last winter, but we managed to do OK,” Nordlie said.

This year will provide a whole new experience for students, however.

“Even though they came last year, the music will be different; colors, feelings, moods, atmosphere, even the effects will all be different,” he said.

GrooveBoston’s brand new ETHOS themed tour makes this possible.

Nordlie expressed enthusiasm for GrooveBoston’s adaptability as well.

“GrooveBoston prides themselves on being different every time they come to a college campus. Each year they tailor the show to a specific school’s needs and the theme presented to them,” he said.

GrooveBoston is also teaming up with the Music Forward Foundation and donating a portion of this year’s proceeds to help support musical education.

“The founders took the passion that they had for DJing and music and turned into something they bring to college campuses across the country.” said Nordlie.

There will be a costume competition for anyone willing to be creative, either solo or as a group

“The costume contest that will be happening is also going to be great. People may even win a really awesome prize.”

To encourage students to participate, free tickets for students were hidden across campus on Oct. 20.

General tickets will be on sale for $5 in Donahue 430 starting on Oct. 20, and in residence halls on Oct. 28.

Students can receive updates by texting “PC” to 71441.