Law professor Jeffrey Wittenberg passes Thursday night

Courtesy+of+Moakley+Archive+%26+Institute+
Courtesy of Moakley Archive & Institute

Suffolk University Law Professor Jeffrey Wittenberg passed away Thursday night, according to a statement sent to students by President Marisa Kelly in an email on Friday afternoon.

“Professor Wittenberg, known for his wonderful sense of humor and kindness, was admired by his colleagues and many friends in the Law School and beyond,” said the statement. “His presence will be greatly missed.”

Courtesy of Suffolk University

Wittenberg was on the Law School’s faculty since 1986. Wittenberg focused on contracts, product liability, sports law and commercial law in his teaching and research, according to his faculty page.

Wittenberg received his Bachelor’s from San Francisco State University and his Juris Doctoral from the University of California, Hastings. He was admitted into the Bar Association in both Illinois and Minnesota.

“His passing is a great loss for the University, and we will sorely miss him,” wrote Kelly.

Prior to coming to Suffolk, he had served as a law clerk on the Minnesota Supreme Court and practiced law in Chicago. He has also taught at multiple different law schools, including John Marshall University, University of Mississippi, and the University of Pittsburgh, according to his faculty page.

See the full story in the print edition on Wednesday…
View Comments (1)