Meet two new SGA senators

Ryan Pantaleo, an accounting major, fell in love with Suffolk after touring and meeting some faculty. He’s now one of the 2015 SGA senators, class treasurer, a student ambassador, and in the honors program.

Originally from North Reading, he served on student council at his high school, St. John’s Prep.

“I really got to see the impact I had on a campus. It was part of my responsibility to make a change on campus, and from there I knew that’s what I wanted to do at Suffolk.”

Some things he would like to help change include food variety in dorm dining halls, smoking outside of buildings, a crosswalk at the Somerset/Beacon Street intersection, and additional activities hours.

“I would love to implement another block of time two days per week so that more students can be involved with more clubs,” he said. “I’d love to come up with a plan and work with someone on that.”

In his future at Suffolk, Pantaleo wishes to apply to be a Sawyer Business School (SBS). ambassador. “SBS has the potential to keep improving its reputation because of the success its students have had. I’m hoping to make a difference by being able to talk to prospective students about strong programs.”
Riley Sweeney came to Suffolk from Falmouth to study radiation biology because she knew she wanted to be in the city and the school was an ideal fit.

Sweeney found out about the SGA senator elections through a friend and decided she wanted to help out on campus. She actually entered the running as a writing candidate, meaning self-promoting herself and having voters write her name in on ballots.

She has been assigned to work on the Student Affairs committee, currently working to extend library hours (which close at 11 p.m.). “I think [the library] should be open later, at least until midnight. Some schools have 24-hour libraries.”

_________________________________________

New senators by class:

2013
Ulrich Dossou
Nwalozie Joshua

2014
Billy Cerullo
Jonathan Huang
Annarita Tracanna

2015
Brent Battows
Ryan Pantaleo
Jake Pitochelli
Riley Sweeney
Nicholas Teske