A word from SGA: Dec. 18, 2012

Dear students,

The Student Government Association would like to give you a couple of updates for this week. First we would like thank our senators Alyssa Bromley and Matthew Gifford for attending the Boston Intercollegiate Assembly Conference (BILC) and representing Suffolk University’s SGA.

This week, SGA is co-sponsoring the S.O.U.L.S. Center’s Suffolk Cares Food Fair Fundraiser. The event will be held this Thursday, from 1-2:15 in Donahue 403. It is a $5 entrance fee for the fair; all proceeds will be donated to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Sandy Relief efforts.

We would also like to congratulate President McCarthy on his inauguration, and we would like to thank all of the volunteers who helped out at the event. We would also like to congratulate Esteban Cajigas, new Senator for the class of 2016.

Last week SGA discussed the new-presented policy of limited printing for Suffolk students. This week, they will be voting on a resolution in regards to this printing initiative. This week Danielle Manning, Senior Vice-President of Finance and Administration, and President McCarthy will be coming to our meeting to discuss the process used to determine tuition increase as well as the budget process Suffolk University goes through.

If you still want to be a member of SGA, you can come to our meetings. Once you have attended three meetings you can be a member-at-large and then get nominated for an open Senator seat.

Our weekly meetings are every Thursday at 1:00pm in Donahue 311. As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]

Have a great week,

Student

Government Association