A word from SGA: Oct. 17, 2012

Dear students,

The Student Government Association would like to give you a couple of updates for this week. We did not have our weekly meeting this past week because President McCarthy was presenting Suffolk University’s Strategic Plan.

The Strategic Planning Committee worked hard all summer long to bring this plan to Suffolk. This committee, made up of faculty, staff and student representatives, rewrote the mission and the vision of the University.

The Strategic Plan is available for viewing on the Suffolk website. During this meeting, the President also revealed the Implementation Plan that will serve as a ‘living document’ for the Suffolk Community.

The President also disclosed the plans for 20 Somerset. After construction plans are finalized, the building will house science classrooms, general-purpose classrooms and a dining facility. The Student Government Association was glad to have been present during this town hall meeting.

Our weekly will proceed as usual, if you still want to be a member, you can come to our meetings. Once you have attended three meetings you can be a member-at-large and then get voted in as a Senator.

Our weekly meetings are every Thursday at 1:00pm in Donahue 311. As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]

Have a great week,

Student Government Association