• BREAKING: Herald reported that Suffolk files plan to lease 180-unit apartment for student dorms in Brighton

Student entrepreneurs pen success from crowd-funding projects

The Sawyer Business School offered its first-ever crowd-funding class last fall. Two of the student entrepreneurs have come a long ways since then. Senior Sara Maloney’s crowd-funding enterprise is called Buddha Bus Yoga. Her mission is to take yoga out of the studio and make it more accessible for offices, college campuses, and community centers. Crowd-funding has allowed her to acquire yoga mats and a corporate card. She already has clients that include Life is Good, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences, and Keryx Biopharmaceuticals. Recent Suffolk graduate James Testa has also had success with his crowd-funding project. It was during his own recovery process from a serious accident last year that he found inspiration for his venture. He wanted to find a more user friendly way of getting protein into his system in order to rebuild his muscle mass, without having to drink protein shakes every time. According to his website, WarmUp Coffee has only 60 calories and 15 grams of protein per serving. Testa has received press from Fox News and BostInno. He has also successfully convinced gyms to stock his product.