A word from SGA: Nov. 2, 2016

Dear Suffolk Students,

Last week Board of Trustees Chairman, Bob Lamb, and Trustee, Chair of the Presidential Search Committee, John Brooks, spoke at the SGA meeting. The two Trustees updated SGA on the status of the Presidential Search Committee and the actions of the entire Board of Trustees. Check out the minutes from that meeting on our social media for more details at the end of this week.

We’d like to remind all members of the Suffolk community to take two surveys that were sent out in emails. The first is a Diversity Climate survey from Acting President Kelly and the Diversity Task Force. Your responses will help Suffolk make the appropriate changes to make life on campus better for all students. The second survey is from the Presidential Search Committee. Give your input on our next president and what we need in Suffolk University leadership!

Suffolk University will soon be making the calendar for the academic year. As you all know, the academic year started before Labor Day and this caused many housing issues for students whose leases began Sept. 1. If you were affected by the early start date please send your name, year, story and any expenses you incurred because of this to [email protected]. We want to fight for you and make sure our students do not have to go through this hassle again.

SGA holds its weekly general meetings on Thursdays from 12:15 – 1:30 p.m. in Somerset B18. All members of the Suffolk community are welcome!

The Student Government Association