A word from SGA: Oct. 7, 2015

Hello Suffolk Students,

This week, the Student Government Association announced the launch of the “Commuter Student Task Force.”

This ad-hoc committee within SGA will be tasked with focusing on how commuter students are served on campus. Among their many responsibilities, the task force will be tasked with acquiring information about services on campus that are being under-utilized or under supported, as well as identifying services that don’t currently exist on campus but that would benefit the commuting population.

Additionally, the task force will focus on determining when the best times to program events for commuter students are, and what type of events they would like to see.

This information will then be passed on to the administration and our campus partners to help improve the life of every commuter at Suffolk University.

Finally, this task force will work to ensure that the services on campus are designed to fit the needs of both students who live off campus, and who commute from home.

This is an important distinction as there is no denying that both groups face varying degrees of issues based on their living situation.

The task force will be composed on Student Government Association Senators, Commuter Ambassadors from the Off Campus Housing Office, and other student leaders from across campus. Interested leaders should email [email protected] to inquire about information.

The first meeting of this task force will be Tuesday, Oct. 13 at 1 p.m. in Somerset 315. This will be an opportunity to formally join the task force and learn more about the mission.

Have a great week,

– The Student Government Association