A word from SGA: Oct. 2, 2015

Photo courtesy of SGA’s Facebook.

Hello Suffolk Students,

This week in the Student Government Association we are holding elections for the freshman positions.

There are unfilled positions throughout the sophomore, junior, and senior classes that will be voted upon as well. It is an exciting time for our organization because this leads to new members, new ideas, and fresh perspectives.

Yesterday many leaders from the Student Government Association went to the Smith Residence Hall at Mass Art. While there, they met with Suffolk University students who are housed at either Mass Art or Mass Pharmacy. These leaders were able to speak to students and give them an equal opportunity to participate in elections.

In addition to the ongoing elections, this weekend the Student Government Association is going on our annual fall retreat.

On the retreat we participate in various team-building exercises so that members both new and old can create stronger bonds with one another that will lead to furthered involvement and innovation. The executive board will teach lessons based on the fundamentals of how our organization works. By doing this, members both new and old can grasp a greater understanding of our dynamics and resultantly become a better leader and a better representative of our student’s needs.

During the retreat we will be naming our goals, setting our agendas, and brainstorming initiatives for the upcoming semester and/or year. These ideas will reflect the wants and needs of the students and the institution overall.

There are many up and coming things to expect from the Student Government Association.

Have a great week,

– The Student Government Association