Weekly events 2/2

Monday 2/3

Snow Day!!!!

Tuesday 2/4

1:00 PM-2:30 PM: Internship Preparation Workshop

With Michele Rapp, Associate Director, Graduate Student Career Development. Highly recommended for full-time students. Learn about Suffolk’s resources for applying to internships and internship search strategies. Hear about resume and interview tips. Find out how to develop skills, networks, and opportunities on the job.

4:45 PM-7:00 PM Tuesday Night Church of the Advent Supper Club

Help serve meals at the Church of the Advent to those in need. Meet at the Center for Community Engagement, Donahue 209, at 4:45 pm. This is a weekly opportunity limited to the first 3 volunteers who R.S.V.P. through SUconnect (D206)

5:00 PM-6:00 PM Coming Out Support and Discussion Group: Cupcakes and Queers!

In the process of coming out? Questioning? Would you like someone to talk to who can support and affirm your identities? What to meet other students who are experiencing similar things?

Whether you’re a cupcake or a queer, or any other identity under the rainbow, please come out and join us on the 1st Tuesday of every month! This space is for students who are coming out or questioning their identity. Allies are welcome, but please be mindful of the space you take up.

This is a collaboration between Counseling, Health, and Wellness and Diversity Services. For location details, please contact Jesse Beal ([email protected]) or The Office of Diversity Services ([email protected])

Wednesday 2/5

9:00 Am-12:30 PMThe Price is Right Stay Connected Kickoff!

To kick off the new semester, we’re putting a spin on the classic Price is Right game and giving Commuter students the chance to guess the prices of their favorite groceries. Think you can guess correctly and win some groceries? Come on down to the Sawyer Lobby!

4:45-7:00 Wednesday Night Paulist Center Supper Club

Help serve meals at the Paulist Center to those in need. Meet at the Center for Community Engagement, Donahue 209, at 4:45 pm. This is a weekly opportunity limited to the first 5 volunteers who R.S.V.P. through SUconnect. (D206)

7:00 PM-9:00 PMJohnny Cupcakes Lecture!

Get your tickets at the Hub now to attend a lecture by  Boston celebrity and entrepreneur Johnny Cupcakes!

Attendees will receive a free custom t-shirt while supplies last!

Thursday 2/6

9 am- 11 pm: Diversity Services Coffee Hour- Free coffee and bagels! (Archer 481)

5:00 PM-8:00 PM Booty Calls & Hook Ups

Attend this fun, interactive, and educational event to learn how communication is an important part of safer sex practices.  (D403)

7:00 PM-8:15 PM Martha Collins and Joan Houlihan Poetry Reading

Martha Collins and Joan Houlihan will be reading from their recent books. (Poetry Center)

Friday 2/7

7:00 PM-9:00 PM AAA Showcase

Annual showcase that exhibits talent and Asian culture from the Boston area, followed by a food reception. C. Walsh Theatert