A word from SGA: Sept. 17, 2014

Photo courtesy of SGA’s Facebook.

Hello Suffolk Students!

The Student Government Association (SGA) would like to welcome you to a new academic year.

We hope that you are enjoying your classes, and are interested in getting involved. You should make sure to check out the Temple Street Fair this Thursday from noon to 2 p.m. to meet the many diverse clubs and organizations Suffolk has to offer,  and also stop by our table to say hi!  

We held our first meeting last Thursday, and we’re very excited to kick off the new academic year! We meet every Thursday from 1 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. in D311 and all are welcome to join us!

We’d like to remind you that there are now senator seats open in all four classes, and most of the Senator-at Large-positions as well.

Election packets are due Wednesday, Sept. 17 at 5 p.m., and are DUE either in the SGA office or in SLI. Students will receive confirmation no later than 10 a.m. on Thursday, Sept. 18 that they have been approved to campaign.

We hope that many of you will support your classmates as they work hard to campaign and be your voice on campus. Elections will be held from Sept. 22 to Sept. 24, so be sure to vote once voting opens on SUconnect.

Clubs, organizations, and students, come meet your finance committee!

Session 1: Thursday, Sept. 18, 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. in D219

Session 2: Wednesday, Sept. 24, 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. in D403.

If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at [email protected] or come by our office in Donahue 433!

Have a great week!

-Student Government Association