A word from SGA: Oct. 30, 2013

Dear Students,

The Student Government Association (SGA) would like to share some updates from this week.

As many of you may know, our university has been preparing and going through an important re-accreditation process for some time. This process was operated by NEASC, which is the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. From Oct. 20 to 23, the university hosted nine site team members dedicated to learning about Suffolk University and helping us grow. They held 38-plus meetings with nearly 700 members of the Suffolk University community.  The NEASC site evaluation team hosted open sessions for students this past week, in order for us to have a better understanding of the process and upcoming goals. The NEASC site visit has officially concluded, and as a university it will be exciting to implement new strategies based on the feedback which we have received. Thank you to all of the faculty and staff who have worked tirelessly in order to push us through this process.

During our SGA meeting on Oct. 24 we spoke about multiple projects that are being launched, such as the Take the Stairs campaign, as well as addressing concerns that have been raised by students. On Oct. 22, SGA hosted a brunch in the new student space on the ninth floor of 73 Tremont. Thank you to those who came up to check out the new space, as well as met some of our SGA class senators.

Alcohol Awareness week was this week. Many of you may have noticed members of Health Services or the SUPERS tabling in order to educate students about alcohol use and they provided alcohol-screening tests so that students could have a better understanding of what is considered binge drinking.

Our annual Campus Crawl was Thurs., Oct. 24 and was surely a blast. SGA co-sponsored the event. The events started in Miller Hall, then continued in 73 Tremont on the ninth floor and concluded in 150 Tremont. Multiple clubs and organizations were present as they tabled and provided interactive games for students to play.

Our weekly meetings are every Thursday in Donahue 311. As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].

Have a great week,

Student Government Association