STUDENT FEATURE: Wil Ognibene

INSTARAM: What is your major/year?
WIL OGNIBENE: My major is History, and I just finished my Junior year. So I guess that makes me a senior.Wil Ognibene

What activities are you involved in on and off campus?
OGNIBENE: On Campus, I am the Treasurer of the Suffolk Ramifications a capella group, and I’m also an active member of the Video Gamer’s Army. Off campus, I work part time at Staples but mostly as a tour guide for the Freedom Trail Foundation. I dress up in colonial wear and walk people through history, it’s pretty fun!

How did you find your way around campus? What advice do you have for the incoming freshmen?
OGNIBENE: How did I find my way around campus? I walked around a lot. But it helps to do it with friends. And that’s the advice I always give to incoming freshman. Make friends, and the best way to do it? Getting involved. Now I know I sound exactly like a college admissions officer trying to convince you to come to school but getting involved is the best thing you can do. Why wait for friends to come to you when you can easily join a group of people who have the exact same interests as you. It’s easy and makes college so much more memorable.

What has been your greatest accomplishment at Suffolk?
OGNIBENE: My greatest accomplishment at Suffolk, I think, is currently in progress. I’m currently mostly in charge of the production of the Ramifications next CD. I say mostly because the rest of our leadership team is involved, but as treasurer I’m making most of the decisions at the moment. If you want my current greatest accomplishment though, it’s probably being inducted into Phi Alpha Theta, the history honors society. It’s always really nice to feel recognized for your accomplishments.

Random Question: What would you do if you had $1,000,000?
OGNIBENE: If I had a million dollars, I’d be lame, and pay off all my debts, and then put some in the bank, and then spend some more on going to any school I want to get my PhD in History. And then I’d be a scholar for the rest of my life and it’d be awesome because I’m weird and I like learning. That’s what I’d do. Now where’s my million?

Special thanks to Wil! If you happen to see him on the Freedom Trail – be sure to give him a shoutout!