A word from SGA: Jan. 31, 2013

Dear Students,

The Student Government Association would like to give you a couple of updates for this week.

The Student Government Association would like to thank President McCarthy for the presentation of the building plans of 20 Somerset in C. Walsh Theatre on Feb 17th. We are all looking forward to hearing more! Another update will be available within the next few months. If you were not able to attend the meeting and would like to see what the plans are for 20 Somerset, it is available to you on the Suffolk University website.

We would also like to thank the Office of Diversity Services for sponsoring the Annual MLK Luncheon at the Holiday Inn Boston on Beacon Hill this past Tuesday, January 22nd. Suffolk University had the honor to host M.K. Asante as the guest speaker at the MLK Luncheon. Asante is an award-winning filmmaker and a bestselling author. The Luncheon was a huge success.  Asante delivered a powerful message of an individual’s obligation to change. We hop that all who attended enjoyed their experience.

The Student Government Association would like to congratulate Dylan Santos for winning Second Annual Suffolk Idol this past Wednesday; January 23rd. Santos will be representing Suffolk University as she sings the National Anthem at the Boston Celtics Game!

If you are interested in becoming member of Student Government Association, you can come to our meetings. Once you have attended three consecutive meetings you can be a member-at-large and then get voted in as a Senator. Our weekly meetings are every Thursday at 1:00pm in Donahue 311. As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]

Have a great week,

Student Government

Association