A word from SGA: Oct. 3, 2012

Dear students,

The Student Government Association would like to give you a couple of updates for this week. Student Government elections closed, and we now have the results of our newly elected senators.

We would like to congratulate the following: Ulrich Dossou and Guy Christian Cayo, newly elected Senators for the Class of 2013; Johnny Beksha, Isatta “Icy” Coomber, Jenny Trieu and Chuyi Luo, newly elected Senators for the Class of 2014; Dialis Molina, Carol Leon, Tyler LeBlanc, Eric Ramirez, Dzenita Cifric and Lauren Haffner, newly elected Senators for the Class of 2012; Kevin Wong, Matthew Gifford, Benjamin Linares, Sean Egan, Alyssa Perry, Colin Loiselle, Aldiana Mujanovic, Audrey Kozlov and An Wang, newly elected Senators for the Class of 2016; Kingsley Njoku and Paul Ayala, newly elected Senators-at-Large; Gustavo “Tavo” Faria, newly elected Senator-at-Large for Residence Halls; Yao E. Awanyo, newly elected Senator-at-Large for Diversity and Theresa Stevens, newly elected Senator-at-Large for Commuter Students.

The Student Government Association would like to thank President McCarthy for attending our meeting on Thursday, as well as Dean Nancy Stoll for conducting the Oath and inauguration of the new board members and Executive Board. President McCarthy announced at our meeting that the Strategic Plan will be coming out in the next few weeks, stay tuned for this!

If you still want to be a member, you can come to our meetings. Once you have attended three meetings you can be a member-at-large and then get voted in as a Senator. Our weekly meetings are every Thursday at 1:00pm in Donahue 311. As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]

Have a great week,

Student

Government Association