A word from SGA: Oct. 11, 2016

Courtesy of SGA

Dear Suffolk students,

We hope you all enjoyed the long weekend. Reminder that the last day to register to vote is Saturday, Oct. 15, and we encourage all domestic students to register and make their voices heard!

This weekend is family weekend. Check out all the events online to see what is coming up. Come to the Welcome Reception on Friday night in 20 Somerset at 5 p.m., check out Fall Fest this weekend and attend Suffolk’s night at the Children’s Museum on Saturday, Oct. 15!

President Marisa Kelly spoke at last week’s SGA meeting about her goals and where our university is headed. If you weren’t able to attend, look for the minutes from our meetings on our social media or check out the President’s blog on the Suffolk website to hear more from her. President Kelly also encourages any student to stop by her office to say hello.

Coming to our next meeting will be representatives from the Career Development Center. They will talk about their new program, RAMP, the Ram Alumni Mentoring Program. For more information check out their website at https://app.joinhandshake.com/events.

Also at this week’s SGA meeting, Suffolk University Police Department’s (SUPD) Chief Colletta will be in attendance to answer any general questions from students. We encourage all students to attend. If you can’t attend, send us any questions or concerns at [email protected] and we’ll bring them to our guests’ attention. SGA meets on Thursdays from 12:15 – 1:30 in Somerset B18, and guests are always welcome! We hope you have a great week!

The Student Government Association