A word from SGA: Oct. 22, 2015

Hello Suffolk Students,

Last week in the Student Government Association, Dean Stoll swore both the executive board members and the class senators into oath. When open forum was held, students were able to communicate directly with Dean Stoll about questions and concerns that they have about Suffolk University.

If any students are interested in getting involved with the SGA, there are positions that are currently open. Currently available are two senator-at-large positions and one position each for the classes of 2016, 2017, and 2018.

Last week, the Student Government Association launched the Commuter Student Task Force. This committee has members both within and without the Student Government Association.

The Commuter Student Task Force will focus on how commuter students are served on campus, acquire information about services on campus that are being under-utilized or under supported, as well as identifying services that do not currently exist on campus but that would benefit the commuting population.

This committee will address extremely pertinent issues due to the fact that a large percentage of Suffolk University students commute. In addition, there will be a focus on determining when the best times to program events for commuter students are, and what type of events they would like to see. Also coming up for the SGA is family weekend, where both the SGA and Program Council will be co-hosting a Family Fun Fair at Sargent Hall on October 24, 2015.

There there will be life-sized versions of your favorite family games. The Student Government Association plans to continue to make changes that benefit the entire Suffolk University community.

Have a great week,

-The Student Government Association