A word From SGA: Sept. 23, 2015

Photo courtesy of SGA’s Facebook.

Hello Suffolk University students!

Let me welcome you all back to campus. I hope you had a relaxing and enjoyable summer vacation and are excited for what is shaping up to be an awesome year. As I am sure you have already noticed, there have been many changes on campus over the last couple of months.

This month, we cut the ribbon on a new academic building and a new athletic field. Most importantly this summer we welcomed Margaret McKenna to campus as the University’s first female president. It is definitely an exciting time to be on campus, and I hope you are as enthusiastic about this year as I am.

Your Student Government Association is already hard at work, working to increase ways for commuter students to get involved on campus, increase student space to promote greater unity and sense of community, and to bridge the gap between the students and the Board of Trustees.

Our Senators will once again be participating in #OperationYourSGA. In the next couple of weeks, an elected Senator will be reaching out to you to maintain regular communication with you regarding news and updates from the Student Government Association.

I invite ALL of you to stop by our general meetings, Thursdays at 1 p.m. in Somerset B18 to share your thoughts, ideas, and concerns with us.

I look forward to a productive year, and a year full of positive changes to better our community.

Here’s to another year, Ram Nation

Cheers,

Colin F. Loiselle

Student Body President