The Fashion of Suffolk: Spring 2015 installment

Photos by Jonathan Acosta Abi Hassan

After surviving the horrible winter, we found ourselves surrounded with beautiful weather once again. What does that means to a city as cold as Boston? We are finally seeing knees and shoulders. People walking around have been changing the way they dress and leaving their homes without big parkas and jackets.

Around the Suffolk community, I have seen major improvements on how student keep mixing comfort and fashion into their personal style.

I have been personally impressed by how minimalistic this spring designs are. Big couture brands have shown their typical variations of flower prints with big colorful accessories.

One other trend that I have seen many student using is the famous “boyfriend shirt,”  using plain t-shirt and covering that with a flannel shirt always work for those long days with classes and activities.

What is in?

Kimonos, cardigans, and the new adaptation of the boyfriend shirts. Many of the Suffolk students have been walking around campus sporting lively prints. This is a new upcoming trend that will soon be combined with spring and summer clothing.

What’s not in?

Maxi dresses, crop tops, and gladiator sandals. Last summer maxi dresses were the go-to thing every girl wants to have during the summer, even though they are comfortable, no major influence shows that this trend will come back. The sandals every American girl wanted it to have are not going to be a hit again this summer. Many fashion influencers have been using opposite to the very long gladiator style sandals, very short with high heel sandals instead.