Weekly Event Blog: September 22-28th !!

Good Morning Suffolk Students! Here are some events going on this week; there are different auditions, info sessions, activities going on this week so hopefully you’ll keep busy! Get out of bed & get off Netflix for the day…as hard as that is.  Comment for any questions 🙂

Monday 9/22

3-4pm: Techies Union Open Meeting! If you are interested in being a part of Suffolk’s awesome Techies Union stop by, no experience needed! The Techies Union serve as a resource for any Suffolk event looking for technicians & designers.  Meeting today in Donahue 409!

4:45-7pm: Monday Night Oasis Supper Club! Sign up for a volunteer opportunity on SUCONNECT, held by the S.O.U.L.S center! Help serve meals at the Cathedral Church of ST. Paul to those in need. It’s an awesome way to get involved on campus! (Donahue 209).

7-9pm: Jazz Ensemble Auditions! If you’re into jazz or funk music definitely sign up for an audition, Jazz Ensemble is looking for new musicians to join! Have a song ready to perform, you’ll be asked to sight read! Sign up for an audition outside the Performing Arts Office (Donahue 409).

Tuesday 9/23

1-2pm: Alternative Spring Break (ASB) Info Session! If you are interested in joining fellow Suffolk students for a week of service during Spring Break, then definitely come to the informational session! You learn how to apply, and about all the different trips made.  Stop by the Center for International Programs & Services Lounge (6th floor of 73 Tremont).

P.S International Students are always welcome as well!

1-2pm: Musician’s Network Open Meeting! Are you a musician, poet, performer, etc? Join the Musician’s Network for their open meeting; there will be food & refreshments! Just show up & meet the E-Board members. (Donahue 219)

1-2pm: Seriously Bent Auditions! Seriously Bent is looking for new members to join their troupe! Sign up for an audition outside of the Performing Arts Office (Donahue 409)! Be prepared for basic improv warm ups, exercises & to be on your toes!! Have fun!

1-2pm: Sketchual Misconduct Auditions! Join Sketchual Misconduct for auditions today, remember to sign up for a time slot  outside of the Performing Arts Office (Donahue 409).  Come prepared with a 1-2 minute original comedy piece (stand-up, monologue, character).  Arrive 5-10 minutes before scheduled time slot & bring your class/work schedule! Good Luck!

5:30-7:30pm: Step Team Auditions! Join the Step Team for auditions tonight, you can sign up for a time slot outside of the Performing Arts Office (Donahue 409) or show up ten minutes before auditions begin. Remember to wear comfy clothing such as; sneakers, sweatpants/yoga pants, and tie your hair back if needed.  There will be auditions on 9/24 & 9/25 at the same time today in the same room, Beacon 101.

Wednesday 9/24

5-7pm: Cooking 101-Hispanic Heritage Month! If you want a cooking lesson, stop by Donahue Cafeteria, and learn how to make different dishes; especially if you recently have moved into an apartment! Let’s make food!

5:30-7:30pm: Step Team Auditions! Remember to sign up for an audition time slot outside of the PAO* (Donahue 409).  Dress comfy & ready to step!

Thursday 9/25

1-2pm: Serious Bent Auditions! Guys, if you haven’t already, sign up for a time slot for an audition outside the PAO* (Donahue 409).  You won’t regret it; remember there will be basic improv warm-ups, & be ready to be on your toes!

1-2pm: Sketchual Misconduct Auditions! Be sure to sign up ahead of time for an auditions time slot, outside of the PAO* (Donahue 409).  Don’t forget to have a 1-2 minute long original sketch, let your imagination wander, and be prepared for random impressions!

4:30-5:30pm: Alternative Spring Break (ASB) Info Session! If you couldn’t make it to Tuesday’s informational session, definitely stop by today & get all the information needed! Remember ASB applications are available online and are due 10/6/14 !! Todays session will be held at 150 Tremont Residence Basement!

10-11pm: Seriously Bent Dorm Show! Are you free for the rest of the night? Looking for something to do? Come to 150 Tremont Basement & come watch Seriously Bent kill it at the dorm show!

Friday 9/26

Anytime: “Swing Time”!! If you’re bored & decide to explore Boston, go visit the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, right next to it, there is a new exhibit where you can relax on LED Swingsets…basically an adult playground.  Here’s a link if anything!! http://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/theater-art/2014/09/11/interactive-art-piece-swing-time-lights-lawn/4UQQCGiRZ0lPDysO4IYxNK/story.html

Saturday 9/27

12-3pm: Welcome Back Carnival with Best Buddies! If your Saturday afternoon is free, stop by Ridgeway Gym & join the Best Buddies Organization for their first event of the semester! There will be carnival games, refreshments, and food; it’s also a great way to meet new people! See you there!

Sunday 9/28

All-Day: Have an awesome Sunday beautiful people! Take a trip to the Boston Common, and lay down on a blanket, it’s a great way to sit back and relax! Hope yous had an event filled week!

**PAO: Performing Arts Office

To Contact:

Seriously Bent: [email protected]

Musician’s Network: [email protected]

Sketchual Misconduct: [email protected]

Step Team: [email protected]

Techies Union: [email protected]