A word from SGA: Feb. 12, 2014

Photo courtesy of SGA’s Facebook.

Hello Students!

We hope you are all having a great week! The Student Government Association (SGA) would like to share some updates from this week!

As many of you may know, the SGA Awards Nominations were released on Feb. 3. These awards give students the opportunity to recognize their peers for being outstanding leaders on campus. Award Nominations will close on Feb. 20, so do not forget to nominate fellow students!

It’s an exciting time of year for us in SGA! SGA Elections will be starting on Feb. 6. Election packets have already been distributed, so please if you have not, sign packets of perspective student representatives! The purpose of these elections is to give members of every class the opportunity to vote for preferred candidates who will represent them on campus. The SGA e-board will also be voted in for the upcoming school year. Do not forget to vote! Every vote counts!

This week in our SGA Meeting, SGA members were able to nominate fellow members for perspective e-board positions. So far, there are only four nominations, one for every seat! We will find out in our next meeting on Thursday, Feb. 13, if there will be any more nominations!

SGA hosted its Commuter Social on Feb. 4 in D311 from 1 p.m.  to 2 p.m. This social gave commuter students an opportunity to voice their concerns as commuters and to meet new people! Students completed surveys, in order to give us feedback on their experiences as commuter students. We look forward to seeing you all at our future socials during the semester!

Our weekly meetings are every Thursday in Donahue 311. As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].

Have a great week, 

SGA