A word from SGA: Jan. 29, 2014

Photo courtesy of SGA’s Facebook.

Hello Students! 

The Student Government Association (SGA) would like to share some updates from this week!

As many of you know, Martin Luther King Day was last Monday. Every year, Suffolk University celebrates Martin Luther King’s inspirational journey and his fight for freedom and equality for all people by coming together at a luncheon held at the Wyndham Boston of Beacon Hill. This year’s speaker was Jamie Washington.  He spoke about the role of allies in our daily lives, and pointed out the fact that even though we live in the year 2014, we are all still not equal! We thank Mr. Washington for his inspiring words.

We did not have an SGA meeting this Thursday, due to the Winter Involvement Fair, which was held on the ninth floor of 73 Tremont. Many of the wonderful and diverse organizations on campus, came together from 12 p.m.-2 p.m. to promote their interests. Students visited tables, submitted their contact information to learn and be apart of groups, as well as received t-shirts, umbrellas, pens, snow globes etc! It was certainly an awesome event!

The Donahue café is now open Monday through Friday until 5 p.m.! We hope you all take advantage of the later hours and grab some dinner before heading home. 

Our weekly meetings are every Thursday in Donahue 311. As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected]. 

Have a great week,

Student Government Association