A word from SGA: Nov. 6, 2013

Photo courtesy of SGA’s Facebook.

Dear Students,

The Student Government Association would like to share some updates from this week.

In our meeting this Thursday, during our open forum, concerns were shared regarding issues that are being faced on campus. We discussed things such as the future of the Ram Card and how to better improve them, possibly having longer hours for the new student space on the 9th floor of 73 Tremont as well as putting up a bulletin board in that building which will inform students about events and the latest news on campus.  Our SGA Treasurer Tyler LeBlanc, along with senators Maria Foglia and Haley Rooney, visited NESAD this past Thursday to speak with the students and take note of their concerns as Suffolk students.

Oct. 29, SGA, along with the Athletics department,  CLAS, Office of Diversity Services, BEST BUDDIES, and SAAC co-sponsored the Headucation event. This event was focused on creating awareness about concussions among athletes. Keynote speaker Chris Nowinski was a defensive tackle for Harvard’s football team and then a professional wrestler for the WWE. He was forced to retire from the WWE due to the side effects of a concussion. Free shirts and wristbands were given out to students who attended. The information he shared was very eye opening.

The annual Etiquette Dinner, which SGA has been co-sponsoring for the past 15 years, occurred this past Monday. This event allows for students to have a better understanding of what behaviors and actions are appropriate at the dinner table, whether among friends or business partners. It was a great learning experience and we hope students continue to take an interest and acknowledge the importance of these skills.

We hope you all had a great week! Our weekly meetings are every Thursday in Donahue 311. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].

Have a great week,

Student Government Association