A word from SGA: Oct. 23, 2013

Hello Students!

The Student Government Association (SGA) would like to share some updates from this week. We would like to congratulate Olivia Statmore for becoming a Senator for the Class of 2015. The Class of 2015 has now filled all their seats for representatives.

We are currently working to increase NESAD Student Outreach and formulate a Commuter Outreach program. Ideally, we are seeking ways in which both commuters and students at NESAD can be integrated more into the Suffolk Community. Specifically with NESAD, we are seeking ideas on areas where student artwork could be showcased in the library.  If you have any additional ideas and/or feedback, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected].

Additionally, Suffolk had its first Homecoming celebration this past weekend from Thursday through Sunday, which was surely a blast for all who attended. The events included an opening reception, which welcomed back some NESAD grads, followed by Trivia Night for seniors, alums, and faculty. On Friday evening, we heard welcome speeches from Suffolk’s President McCarthy as well as SGA President Billy Cerullo and many others. Of course, our first homecoming celebration would not be complete without our annual Fall Fest show, which showcased the many talents of our students for its 40th year. Other events included “Suffolk Makes A Splash,” which was held at the New England Aquarium and included dinner and access to multiple exhibits and attractions. To wrap up the weekend we had our first flag football game against Emerson on Sunday afternoon and won. What an awesome first homecoming. We hope you were all able to attend some of the events and show your pride as a Suffolk student.

We have many ideas and events planned for this year, so be sure to look out for the new and exciting things, which are happening on our campus.

We hope you all had a great week. Be sure to attend our weekly meetings every Thursday at 1 p.m. in Donahue 311.

Have a nice week,

SGA