A word from SGA: Oct. 9, 2013

Photo courtesy of SGA’s Facebook.

Dear Students,

The Student Government Association would like to give you a few updates for this week!

On Thursday, Oct 3, President McCarthy and Dean Nancy Stoll attended our weekly meeting to speak with student representatives on campus. Throughout the meeting, SGA members, students, and faculty were given a platform to voice their questions, concerns, and opinions on the university.  

President McCarthy gave candid answers as he informed everyone that the 20 Somerset building will be completed and open for service by fall, 2015. The vacant 9th floor in 73 Tremont will also become a student lounge by Oct 18 so that students will have a location to study and do homework. It was also confirmed that the Student Affairs Committee and the Board of Trustees have been working on enhancing the Athletics Department.  In addition, students also asked questions pertaining to the Ram Card, academics, and Operation Paper Cut.

SGA members and the executive board were officially sworn in by Dean Stoll during this meeting as well.

The Student Government Association would like to thank President McCarthy, Dean Nancy Stoll, and­­­­ John Kineavy for taking the time to come to our meeting and answer the questions of the student body.

Please remember that our weekly meetings are every Thursday in Donahue 311. As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].

Have a great week,

Student Government Association