STUDENT FEATURE: James Helenski

INSTARAM: What is your major/year?
JAMES HELENSKI: Fine Arts major/Philosophy minor, Class of 2015

James Helenski

What activities are you involved in on and off campus?

HELENSKI: I am a trustee ambassador, so I give tours of Suffolk and NESAD. I am part of the Honors program. So far I have organized two pop-up shows at NESAD where anyone can come and display their work. There will be more to come in the future. And also this

summer I hope to start organizing a Suffolk University Vegetarian Society.

How did you find your way around campus? What advice do you have for the incoming freshmen?
HELENSKI: Well I come from Philly so I am used to being in the city. For me the easiest way to learn your way around is to just go for a walk. Not only do you start becoming familiar with the area but you find all the interesting hidden places that the city has to offer.

What has been your greatest accomplishment at Suffolk?
HELENSKI: I think my greatest accomplishment has been the organization of meetings between NESAD students and the administration to address concerns we all had and to propose solutions to certain problems. These meetings resulted in a whole new classroom opened up for the illustration department, a extra storage closet, and more storage within the studios as well.

Random Question: In your opinion – What is the worst video trend to hit Youtube?
HELENSKI: I don’t watch things on Youtube that often but I have heard that there is something going on where people are snorting condoms….

Special thank you to James! Keep coming back over the summer for more student features, courtesy of InstaRam!