A word from SGA: March 28, 2013

Dear Students,

The Student Government Association would like to give a few updates for this week. Congratulations to everyone who was nominated for the SGA awards.

Last Wednesday, March 20th, we co-sponsored with Program Council to bring Rachel’s Challenge to Suffolk University. It was held at the C Walsh Theatre where Rachel’s brother spoke about her life. Rachel was a student killed in the Columbine shootings in 1999. Thank you to everyone who attended and showed their compassion and contribution to help stop bullying.

Tuesday we co-sponsored the Relay for Life dinner. It was held in the Donahue café, where it was suggested for a $2 donation at the door, where the money will be donated to Relay for Life. There was a great variety of food like Caesar salad, sautéed zucchini, a pasta bar, and much more. This was for a great cause, and we would like to thank everyone who attended and donated.

Are you always late for class, especially in the Sawyer building because you’re waiting too long for the elevator to arrive? Why not try taking the stairs. SGA will be launching the “Take the Stairs” campaign soon to alleviate the traffic jam at the elevators. To contribute to this, take the stairs so there is less traffic at the elevators; it is a great initiative that will contribute to your healthy lifestyle.

We hope you had a good week back from spring break, and are catching up in all your classes.

Our weekly meetings are every Thursday in Donahue 311. As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at:

[email protected]

Have a great week,

Student Government

Association